Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All things Eli...

I felt the need to change the blog name, why you ask? Well now that there are two equally hilarious kids they both deserved to be named! I didn't change the actual address...I'm not that energetic. :) So..sit down, grab a little snack, maybe a drink and let me tell you about Eli.

Eli is a, well..Eli is..hmm...he is hard to describe because the kid is the biggest goof ball I have ever had come out of me. Not that I've had a litter of kids..obviously. Geez the blog name would be ginormous! Could you imagine? "The Adventures of Oatmeal, Pork Chop, Cream of Wheat, Pork Loin, Cold Cereal, Pork Roast, Maypo and Bob." Some how I decided that my imaginary child, Bob, isn't worthy of a nickname. Maybe it's because Bob is a little jerk who steals all the Oreos. Yeah, that's it. Damn Bob. Of..that was off topic so now I'll continue with Eli.

Eli is an instigator, clown, hard headed and so much more. At just 1 1/2 he already does things just to get a laugh, is stubborn as can be and loves to press your buttons. Oh and he loves to bite toes. Why toes, you ask? I have no idea but the kid loves it. He loves socks too, maybe he will be the next great podiatrist. Or maybe he will be that creepy guy that wants to look at your feet when you are trying on shoes. Either way, it's entertaining to say the least.

He can sign a few things now. I've tried for more but the stubbornness kicks in when trying to teach him anything. When he signs "all done" watch out, he puts some attitude behind it! He can say a few things, I think he might have a mild speech delay. I'll know more tomorrow, I signed him up for a developmental eval just to see where he falls. The kid is smart, he understands tons more than he can say. Again, this comes in handy when wanting to push buttons. He is super friendly and active. Eli loves kids and will warm up to others pretty easily. Of course, he doesn't know his own strength. When playing, if they other child doesn't respond to him, I wouldn't past him to throw a toy at them. Again..stubbornness.

I'm sure I will have tons of stories about Eli in the future. Well..as long as I don't neglect this blog again for a year. We'll see....

1 comment:

  1. Your kids sound so exciting. Can't wait till mine and yours have a play date. Sometime in this century.

    -LD

    ReplyDelete